Thursday, November 20, 2008

when interactions with people are more memorable than the work done

In class:
"Do you think you're different cultures?"

At lunch:
"I have crew hours."

Building stuff:
"How should we lift this cake?"
"Let me help."
"Okay, well, we need to tilt it now."
"We clearly didn't think this through."
"Why don't you move the couch and split the curtain?? I can't believe it's taking that many of you to do that. I could do it on my own!!"

LAUGH LAUGH HEE-HAW! "He kept trying to get me to drink a beer, while he was already halfway through a twelve pack!"

In one of those dense meetings:
"This is a new episode."

"Maybe he is threatened because you're a woman, and you're strong and independent. But I think this touches a tenuous chord because it's projecting a knowledge that you might not want to adopt here at Malone."
"Yeah. Ever. And I've unfortunately had to do a lot of that this semester."

"Your spiritual autobiography doesn't have to be a victory story."

With Tyler:
"She said that?!"

"I was hoping Melanee would be here so we could compare beards."

At a writers' meeting:
"Can he please have an eye patch???"

"Let's make a revolving doors calendar--that could be our publicity!"

No comments: