Thursday, November 13, 2008

okay, so you were right

the chapel speaker had great potential, but little talent in public speaking, so my thoughts drifted to my to-do list which included:

the photography project due last night
planning rehearsal
fitting in a time to watch killer of sheep
MeTV
meeting with Audrey to transcribe Mrs. Raber's interview
directing chapter assessment
grading actors' analyses
rehearsal plan for next week
rehearsal assessment
comm theory reading
memorizing a speech for forensics
and working 5 hours for the webpage

i ran to the photo lab, only to discover that Gary was nowhere to be found.  I went back to my room, grabbed everything I would need for the rest of the day, showered, and went back to again an empty photo lab.  Did other homework while I waited for G to come and show me how to matte my complex architecture project, but he showed up half an hour before class, and didn't help me until a quarter till. 

I left dejected (because the matte I cut was backwards) and walked into class almost a half an hour late.  I had to admit that it was because I was working on a late project, and the double nature of being late to class to try and finish late homework left me feeling like the worst student imaginable.  My image of "good student" is quickly evaporating. 

I knew I had taken on too much.  I just hate when everyone else can see it, too.

No comments: