Sunday, September 6, 2009

if I don't lose weight from all this walking, there's something wrong with me.

I walked on my blistered feet 40 minutes to church this morning, at St. Mary the Virgin Anglican church, where there was a phenomenally liberal sermon, given by a woman, about women, and I enjoyed her candor, though not necessarily the rest of the programme's insistence that I would most clearly have enjoyed it the most because I'm in gender studies.  Feminism=bad, still, even here (not in the real Oxford, just this part of it).  We walked to Tesco mart for groceries, and then got lost on the way back, so I had blisters, gangrene hands from grocery bags cutting off circulation, and sweaty church clothes.  Afternoon tea at Crick road was lovely, but once again I dreaded the 40 minute walk back home.  

No comments: