Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I will walk forever.

I was invited to have tea (which turned into beer, because even though we have tea all the time, we don't actually know where to go to be served tea, but pubs are everywhere) with a girl from Crick road after a hard-core study session at the Bodleian. We walked to get Oxford school supplies, a Cornwall Pasty, mail, and then I walked over to her house with her. I spent about a half hour in their kitchen, longing for the close knit community they've already built (aided no doubt by their lessened numbers and more confined living space), before I had to head home before the park closed (which shortens my walk to one of 35ish minutes, instead of the 50 it would take the long way 'round). I'm trying very hard to convince myself of the benefits of living at The Vines...

No comments: