Friday, September 4, 2009

I love the first day of meeting people, when everyone feels obligated to say "I'm kidding" after all sarcastic comments.

Travels to The Vines was overwhelming--customs in the airport landed me in the longest line on earth, the terminal trains were confusing and i almost boarded the wrong one, the lift to the central bus station was crammed, and the "queue" for coach tickets was ridiculously long (and I didn't know that I could've just gone up and bought one from the driver instead of waiting in line!).  The coach driver was surprisingly mean, and so I kept my silence for the duration of the ride, until I had to trek my luggage down the lane for an eternity to my house.  I checked in, napped, unpacked, and then had dinner and fellowship with my housemates--playing "pictaphone" (which I have previously known as paper telephone) for hours, laughing, breaking the ice, and trying to not be socially awkward.

No comments: