Wednesday, May 20, 2009

You'll be the First to Know

I went to a rugby game with Heather, Doug, Susie, and Mike, and then to Billy'z afterwards to enjoy some time with family. After being hit on by a short drunken rugby player, I protested my aunts' persistence that I should hit this guy up--this crude, crass, pitiful excuse for a man (if you would have just heard the things he said to me! How dare they insist upon this coupledom!)--and instead invited myself along to dinner with my grandma and grandpa. We went to a Hibachi restaurant, where I was once again reminded of their disapproval of my relationship status. Perhaps they don't understand that I'm just as upset as they are to be single, but their attempts to "fix" this apparent flaw is not appreciated, and I'm sorry that I can satisfy their expectations or live up to my cousins' rapid exchange of boyfriends and potentials introduced to the family.

No comments: