Wednesday, February 4, 2009

over exposure?

I sat at a table, computer propped in front of me, legs crossed under the table, scarf draped around my neck, papers and film books strewn about the table.  I sat back from my genre description, brought my arms to rest on the edge of the computer, folded my hands in front of my face.  I glanced out the window, caught in the veracity of the swirling snow visible through a pane of glass outlined by solid concrete blocks.  Brandi Carlile passionately sang "Hallelujah" from my itunes.  The snow seemed relentless. 

I saw the window, and the snow, and the bricks--but another part of me saw a girl, sitting at a table, looking out a window with hands folded in front of her face.  As the music began crescendo-ing, I panned around her face, and quickly moved farther away in a sweeping motion on the outskirts of the room. 

Fade.

No comments: