Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm a teacher.

I felt nauseous as I walked to Mitchell 107, dressed "professionally" in jacket/green silkish shirt, jeans, black chucks, coffee and notes in hand to prep me for my insanely interesting lecture on genre and tv. I attempted to navigate the delicate balance between convention and invention in my presentation style as a way to satisfy the ritualistic experience in a way that illuminated what I was teaching them--making sure to have just enough Andrewisms in my speaking style/sentence structure mixed with my own content. It was okay. I ended class half an hour early.

The rest of the day? A whirl--picking mom up from ER, lunch, muggs for history paper, Amy to soccer practice, production meeting, revolving doors, minor social life, laaaaaate night finishing Emperor of China.

No comments: