Friday, February 13, 2009

Is this mediocrity?

I felt immediately stressed, knowing that Thursdays are supposed to be semi-free but have somehow become the longest day of all, and for the first half of the day was downtrodden and most likely a bummer to be around.  I made a conscious effort to free myself of expectations and to-do lists for my time in the photo lab, so very aware that all such deadlines would be impossible to finish and therefore pointless to stress myself with--and as a result I spent four hours making one print that's not even presentable yet (because I still need to format the text, mirror it, print on acetate, flip it backwards, set it in between the positive and the polyfiber sheet under two plates of glass, and then expose it at F8 for a minute? two? five? it's a neverending guessing game...), and then went to the revolving doors writers meeting, and was so exhausted that i didn't even care that i hadn't fulfilled those (now proven false) promises.

No comments: