Monday, January 12, 2009

a quick return to the busy-normalcy that is my life at school

8 am: drag myself out of bed to look good for the first day of class
9 am: go to the dreaded "uses of chemistry in society" class, where I had an unfortunate run-in much sooner than I had expected
10 am: go back to the room, only to rush back down to the comm department for last-minute questions before I start TAing.
11 am: World History with Miller, who snagged my attention immediately when he said we would be learning history like a story...
12 pm: Rush to my Chem lab, where I was randomly paired with my lab partner, went over safety things, and then left early to visit with Ann
1 pm: in the room researching for thesis
2 pm: buy books--only 3 texts, but $300 nonetheless
3 pm: decide not to go to visit boss after the semi-friendly text she sent welcoming me back after the semester; research thesis instead
5:30 pm: Principles of Sociology--huge class with ridiculous expectations and copious amounts of reading (that would not normally be intimidating--if I wasn't planning on reading 20+ scholastic books for my study of the sub-genre of romantic comedy...)
7 pm: get out of class early and travel to the latter half of forensics
8 pm: back in room, small gift exchange, read Chem Ch. 1.  Do hw questions, feel relieved when most can be done on prior chem knowledge.
9 pm: create working bibliography for thesis.  begin to organize reading schedule.
12 am: shower...what the hell am I still doing up?  I have 8 am MMS teaching tomorrow!  I have to look professional and presentable!

No comments: