Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fame and Fear

I researched three hours for journals and books that would inform my thesis, sitting in front of the computer until the light faded and I sat illuminated purely by the glow of my computer screen.  Alyssa and I went out to Starbucks, but not before Mom argued that I shouldn't go out into the weather--arguments backed with ridiculous claims that "alyssa wears rubber boots--what does she know?"  I got a little irritable, said some rash words, and walked out the door.   Driving down the snow covered road, I began thinking about how quickly I could die, and how the last thing I said was flippant and rude...  I was struck with an almost certain fear that this would be it. 

But then we made it to our destination, and the fears drifted to the back of my mind.  It's funny how quickly it appears that danger is out of the way--especially after someone recognized me in Starbucks from my role in From Script to You.  I lived briefly in a fleeting fantasy of fame. 

No comments: