Thursday, January 22, 2009

inquiries

Felt nauseous all morning as I got ready for my "white girl's response to MLK" walk for chapel, and then walked briskly to my class with the adrenaline that only feels good after the speaking is over.  Was it good?  Did I do okay?  Was it weird having the camera at my back the entire time?  Did I talk too fast?  Did I stumble at the end? 

My weekly meeting was fun and lighthearted, despite a sense of forlornness pushed aside to accommodate me and my projects--and the accompanying gratitude that I was suddenly overcome by.  Not wishing to turn emotional and awkward, I said a quick thanks, before I ended with more questions...Will I ever feel good about the project?  Is it worth it?  Should I change it?

Spent a wonderful afternoon out with Tyler taking pictures, having a great time, stopping when I liked an image/landscape/object, feeling liberated, and then wrote and read the night away answering: how did the renaissance change the western interpretation of beauty?  how was the renaissance different from the middle ages?  what's the chemical equation for the combustion of a hydrocarbon under conditions where oxygen is limited?  how has the romantic comedy developed as a genre?

...

No comments: