Thursday, January 24, 2008

Elevator

I've been harboring ideas again, and not writing them down when I think them. (This is me reprimanding myself.) Consequently, a few things that I've wanted to remember are gone. Hopefully just for the time being.

Anyway, this is just something I want to remember. Mallory and Annaliese went to an art show the other night and had a rather amusing encounter with a mutual friend's mother. It would also be HILARIOUS to see in a movie.

Okay, so Mallory and Annaliese are in the elevator, leaving the show. And the woman starts coming towards them, so they hold the door for her. She approaches them and says, very slowly and eccentrically, "Ladies, take it from a woman who has lived through the sixties....and the fifties....you can always dress cheesy. But never, ever let yourselves....be easy."

Both, struggling to find the right response, give a very sincere "thank you."

Pause.

She looks at them and screams, "it's a joke!"

"Oh! ha! ha?"

She walks away, then turns back around and shouts, "To the cheese man!"

The elevator doors close over Mallory and Annaliese's stricken faces.

No comments: