Monday, February 4, 2008

art

I've really been wishing that I could make art lately. I miss that time when I had art class.

Sometimes I get overwhelming urges to just create, which is always unfortunate during the semester (especially when I don't have a creative outlet class) because I never have any time that I can dedicate to artwork.

Lately I've been really inspired by Biblical themes for pieces of art...unfortunately, I didn't write the one down.

I do recall one particular image that has stuck with me, and it's a metaphorical representation of Jesus from the book of Revelation. I want to recreate the scene where the slaughtered lamb breaks the seals that represent history. It sounds slightly morbid, but I don't want it to be. I want it to be half black, opening (almost as if in mid transition from a movie or something) into a very cartoonish representation.

The other day, I also wanted to paint birds in v-formation. I'm not saying that I'm suddenly fascinated by ornithology, but I wanted to get the sky with the birds and....whatever.

No comments: