Saturday, August 29, 2009

nostalgic tendencies

Nate, Meredith, and I went to breakfast at the local mom-and-pop diner (where I ran into my great-grandma Shearer), and then over to the yuppie park in Louisville, and then to the Main Event at Malone. I jumped through different phases of my life, as I comfortably ordered my gravy-covered hash-browns from the local waitress, and explained to my company that that's what we do out here in the count-tray, went over to the new-when-i-was-twelve-but-currently-in-disarray playground and told hide-and-seek, biking expedition, and babysitting stories, and then took my time-traveling friends to where we once felt a belonging, but are all separately drifting away from--though ultimately drifting in different directions together. Does that make sense?

No comments: