Friday, December 26, 2008

a strange twist to my day

actually got up early in the morning to put ben's present together with alyssa before work, and after the afternoon shift we drove out into the treacherously icy weather in order to get the presents ben was holding hostage.  when we opened ours, we immediately were aware that he hadn't put nearly as much into his gifts as we had to his (rather expensive, I might add) two presents.  riding home with alyssa was a threat to my life, and it didn't help that i was brooding over the clear division in my friendships, but when i walked up my driveway, the garage light illuminated the house and sparkled off the ice of the driveway in such a magnificent way, that i actually stood in the freezing rain until i was soaked--feeling the first peace-of-mind i'd felt since...i don't know when.

No comments: