Sunday, October 5, 2008

the opposite of two-sentences

I woke in the morning to my mother calling and asking for a ride to the Malone alumni lunch-in-the-quad event, because apparently Russ had asked her questions too early in the morning and she just agreed to let him take the jeep for the day. So I roused myself from my one-and-only-catch-up-on-sleep-day and trekked out to EC to fetch my mom.

We stopped in at Muggs (where I saw my ex-with-a-wife once again, this time with a molestache!) and bought coffees to go. Navigated Mom to the quad where she picked up her gifts (a hoard of MU merch (surprise, grumble grumble) YET surprisingly a free College blanket, which now adorns my bed) and we ate. Overall, we weren't at the event any longer than twenty minutes.

We stopped briefly into the dorm before heading back home--halfway there I realized that I had left my black and white film at school that I absolutely NEEDED for my new photography assingment/project because I was planning on taking pictures around the house. Drove BACK to Malone after about an hour of waiting for Russ to show up with the jeep (he never did; I just wasted more of my gas), and then BACK to my house for pictures.

and then I drove back to Malone once again for the homecoming dance that I wasn't really excited about anyways. I stayed for an hour, then left to go watched Spaced with a friend and his friend. Had a beer, drove to Taco Bell, and on the way back, hit a deer. I mean, the deer hit me, because that's how you phrase it for insurance purposes. Waited for the sheriff to arrive, and when he did I was asked to sit in the back of the cruiser to write out my statement. Overall, was happy he didn't administer a breathilizer test.

Left friend's house a little bitter and confused about the relationship, but instead of going to bed like i should've because I had to work Sunday morning, i visited another friend who works midnights at Speedway. Crawled into bed around 5 am.

On days like this, when life seems so distinct and separated by the events of the day, I feel obliged to document them all.

No comments: